Download and fill out the Rental Application.
KIP Development’s Rental Policies
- Valid picture ID is required for all rental showings and rental applications.
- Each applicant must qualify individually unless they are a married couple.
- Applications must be filled out completely and signed by both married spouses.
- Student rental applications with no prior rental history will be required to have a lease co-signer.
- Co-signers must pay a $30.00 application fee prior to processing of co-signer rental application.
- Approved rental applications will hold the rental unit for 48 hours for applicant(s) to sign lease agreement, after 48 hours we will continue to market the property for rent.
- Non-smoking units, as identified on KIPDEV website, are reserved only for non-smokers with no smoking allowed on the premises, including yards and common areas.
- Applicants must be at least eighteen (18) years old to enter into a lease agreement.
- Prepayment of the last month rent and all deposit are required of all applicant(s) at time of lease signing.
- Payment of first months rent is required prior to move into the rental unit.
- Pets or animals are no longer allowed at any of our rental locations.
- NSF check payments to KIP Development during the term of the lease will result in the requirement of all future payments to KIP to be made by cash, money order, or cashiers bank check or online payment
- Three years verifiable residence history from a third-party landlord is required, or a co-signer may be required.
- Home ownership shall be verified by submittal of tax assessor’s statement or by credit report.
- One (1) or more three-day notice (pay rent or vacate) from past landlord will result in denial.
- Two (2) or more NSF checks in past two years will result in denial.
- Rental history reflecting any unpaid past due rent or damage balance due to past landlord or management will result in application denial.
- Any past unlawful detainer action, or eviction will result in denial.
- Any rental history upon which previous landlord or management refuses to re-rent to applicant will result in denial.
- Rental history reflecting property damages, not paid for, will result in denial.
- Rental history reflecting past, disturbance of the peace, complaints may result in denial.
- Rental history reflecting pet violations will result in denial.
- Section 8 or HUD subsidized, rental applications will result in denial.
Income & Credit Guidelines:
- Income Guidelines may be waived for full-time student applications or a Co-signer may be required.
- Monthly income must equal approximately three (3) times monthly rent.
- If the monthly income does not equal approximately three times the monthly rent an additional one months prepaid rent or qualified co-signer may be required.
- Co-signers income should equal five (5) times monthly rent.
- Unemployed individual(s) applications will need to provide some form of verifiable income source or co-signer.
- Tax returns, bank statements, paychecks, or employer confirmation are acceptable income verifiers.
- Non-married roommates are jointly and severally (individually) liable for all rents & funds due on lease agreement.
- Co-signers are jointly liable for all funds due related to the lease agreement.
- Good credit is required.
- A verifiable Social Security number is required
- Non USA citizens may be required to have a co-signer
- The non-existence of a credit rating may in result denial or require a lease Co-signer.
- Outstanding bad debt(s) being reported on credit history report may result in denial or require an additional month(s) pre-paid rent.
- Collections on credit report may result in denial or require an additional month(s) pre-paid rent.
- Non-discharged bankruptcy(s) on credit report will result in denial.
- Discharged bankruptcy(s) on credit report may result in denial or an additional month(s) pre-paid rent.
Automatic Application Denials:
- Registered sexual predators or offenders.
- Applicants lack of Social Security number
- Any felony offense.
- Any criminal conviction where the applicant has been out of jail less than 10 years.
- Any criminal offense of physical or violent nature against people or property.
- Collection efforts filed by past landlord or property management companies.
- Any past unlawful detainer action or eviction.
- Incomplete or unverifiable information on rental application.
- Discrepancies between rental application and verified information.
- Any rental history upon which previous landlord or management refuses to re-rent to applicant(s) will result in denial.
Deposits & Occupancy:
- Residential Occupancy is limited by the City of Pullman Code section 17.75.075
- Damage & Security Deposit normally equal one months rent but may vary.
- Non-related roommates exceeding the number of bedrooms in the unit will be required to pay an additional $250 deposit for each extra person if allowed occupancy by the owner, in addition to the normal deposit requirement.
- Non-related roommates exceeding the number of bedrooms in the unit will be required to pay an additional $75.00 per month in rent for each extra person in addition to the normal applicable monthly rental rate.
- Owner reserves the right to limit occupancy to not exceed one person per bedroom, exceptions may be granted with prior approval on a case by case basis.
Please make co-signer credit check fees in the amount of $30.00 payable to KIP Development
Mail check and copy of Rental application to:
P.O. Box 642
594 SE Bishop Blvd., Suite 102
Pullman, WA 99163
Co-signer’s credit application(s) will not be processed until fees are paid in full.
For questions please contact or office M-F, 8am-5pm
or email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download and fill out the Rental Application.